09 April 2018
Job opening: Microengineering Technician
Bodle Technologies is an exciting new displays company, developing SRD®, a revolutionary solid-state reflective display technology providing vivid colour and video-capability, with zero energy use for static image storage. The technology is ideally suited to address the issues of poor outdoor readability and high-power consumption associated with transmissive and emissive displays. Bodle’s ethos is egalitarian – we aim to encourage the brightest minds to work towards achieving our strategic goals and we reward our employees for their contributions.
As part of our continuing growth, we are seeking a Microengineering Technician with experience in micro fabrication techniques and familiarity with working within a ‘clean room’ environment. Both junior and more experienced candidates will be considered for this role and the compensation will depend on experience.
The successful candidate will have the drive and ability to facilitate the following:
- Fabricate, test and debug micro-scale devices, structures and systems.
- Show initiative and creativity to help achieve ambitious research milestones.
- Be effective at multitasking.
- Maintain diligent and clear documentation of all laboratory or other research activities and results obtained.
- Assist with laboratory liaising and supervision through our service agreements with several partners such as the University of Oxford.
- Assist with equipment set-up, maintenance and general laboratory safety protocols.
- Assist with training of new employees and collaborators as role progresses.
Assisting with other practical and administrative duties as required. This is a small company, and all staff members are expected to contribute to these tasks.
In addition to your CV, please submit a cover letter of application which should indicate concisely how your experience and qualifications fulfill the following selection criteria, as your application will be judged on that basis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (in English language) at a suitable standard for the preparation of written reports, publications and presentation of research, both within the company and at external engagements.
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as an active member of a team, working cooperatively within the group, while effectively planning your own workload within the project.
- Previous experience, and demonstrable ability of the following:
- Hands-on micro and nanofabrication techniques (cleanroom experience) such as: photolithography, Reactive Ion Etching, PVD deposition techniques, Four Point Probe Measurements, etc.
- Hands-on experimental skills in building electronics or optoelectronics systems and familiarity with performing and understanding electrical/optical measurements.
- Ability to characterize and drive experimental set-ups and fabrication processes with little supervision.
- Ability to work in cleanroom environment for extended periods of time.
- 2+ years in an industry environment.
- Candidates should be available to take up the post in May 2018 or soon thereafter. However, a later starting date may be accommodated for a strong appointable candidate.
- Complementary techniques such as experience with in-situ STEM-TEM, AFM, XRD, Optical Spectroscopy, etc. holders, are desirable. Candidates with a broad experience in scientifically related fields will be considered.
- Experience of collaborations with external groups and industry.
The expected salary for this position is negotiable, depending on experience.
Bodle Technologies Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Bodle is determined by competence, professionalism and attitude. Gender, race, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or any other legally protected status do not have any influence on our hiring process or business operations.
Please submit your application, or for any queries please contact Peiman Hosseini (Chief Technology Officer) at email@example.com.