Bodle Technologies Limited is a new University of Oxford spinout aiming to commercialise breakthrough thin film optical technologies in a range of exciting applications such as ultra-high resolution reflective displays and dynamic smart glazing applications. Bodle’s ethos is egalitarian – we aim to encourage the brightest minds to work towards achieving our strategic goals, and will reward our employees for their contributions.
As part of our very initial hiring processes, we are seeking a Test Engineer with extensive experience in development characterisation of novel semiconductor devices.
All appointed candidates will:
a. Design, build and maintain complete measurement systems for testing and evaluating hundreds of new semiconductor devices on a weekly basis.
b. Show initiative and creativity to help achieve ambitious research milestones.
c. Be effective at multitasking.
d. Be diligent in documenting clearly all activities and results obtained.
e. Be flexible in their willingness to take on projects with different technical elements and timescales, and quick to learn new concepts and techniques.
f. Assist with training of new employees and collaborators as role progresses.
g. Travel to partner sites in UK, Switzerland, Germany, USA or wherever required based on research, business or commercial needs. Such travel might occur at short notice and urgently.
1. If required, supporting the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Technology Officer in commercialisation talks, including preparation of reports and creating documents to support the role of technology in potential commercialisation.
2. Assisting with other practical and administrative duties as required. This is a small company, and all staff members are expected to contribute to these tasks.
You should ensure that your letter of application, together with your CV and a separate sheet specifically and concisely addressing the selection criteria clearly indicates how your experience and qualifications fulfil the following selection criteria, as your application will be judged on that basis.
1. A good first degree (or equivalent working experience) in electronic/electrical engineering, experimental physics, computer science or related area.
2. Device characterisation. Design and build complete measurement systems for testing and evaluating hundreds of new semiconductor devices on a weekly basis. Collect and interpret statistical data to determine device compliance to expected performance.
3. Demonstrable and extensive experience with software such as LabVIEW or Python as well as data analysis software such as MATLAB or Excel (Statistics).
4. Instrument control. Design software to control and collect data from commercial and proprietary electronic instruments.
5. Interface with the other members of the team (Design, Simulations and Fabrication) to investigate and correlate experimental results on a daily basis.
6. Report and documentation. Ability to store and retrieve complete sets of high quality data from each characterisation run (setup details, probed variables, test specifications, etc.). Ability to communicate results in an efficient and professional manner is a must.
7. Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
8. Ability to work effectively both independently and as an active member of a team, working cooperatively within the group, while effectively planning your own workload within the project.
9. Willingness and ability to travel for short periods to work with collaborators abroad, if required.
10. Experience with RF and optoelectronic measurements.
11. PCB design. Ability to design, commission and debug mixed signal electronic circuits from scratch and based on challenging specifications.
12. Mechanical design and excellent hands on prototyping skills, e.g. SMD soldering, 3D printing, etc.
13. Hands on experience with standard cleanroom fabrication techniques (optical lithography, RIE, PECVD, EBEAM evaporation, sputtering, etc.) is a plus.
14. A track record of problem-solving and creativity, including patented ideas or published novel research results.
15. Experience of collaborations with external groups and industry.
Bodle Technologies Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Bodle is determined by competence, professionalism and attitude. Gender, race, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or any other legally protected status do not have any influence on our hiring process or business operations.
For further information please contact:
Sergio Garcia Castillo (Sr. EE) at email@example.com
Peiman Hosseini (CTO) at firstname.lastname@example.org